Our expert consultation and environmental design service includes a thorough assessment of our client’s needs and the impact their current environment has on these needs.
What happens after you contact us
At the start of the assessment process our head Occupational Therapist will hold a 15-minute telephone consultation with you. This is totally free and completely confidential.
The next step in our occupational therapy service is for one of our therapists to visit the client at their home to assess their needs. They will consider such things as bathing and showering provision, getting in and out of bed, access around the house, fall prevention, posture management, pressure care and any other specialist equipment needs the client may have.
Following the assessment, they will suggest a practical and stylish way to manage the design of the client’s environment, and if required, which specialist equipment to install. We then work with you and any other professionals involved, (such as architects and builders) to create the desired outcomes.
The therapist may suggest a programme of rehabilitation, or therapeutic approaches to restore, maintain and improve activity and function. These personalised programmes will help the client manage their own condition and maintain their independence. This may involve the recommendation of specialist equipment, alternative handling techniques, implementation of a sensory diet, or alternative ways of undertaking an activity. They may recommend the use of products or equipment such as specialist seating, wheelchairs, bathing aids or other equipment, all of which are designed to overcome specific problems.
Our Occupational Therapists, with a particular interest in Sensory Processing disorders, can assist those children and adults who experience difficulties regulating and modulating certain sensory sensations. They can assess their client to identify triggers and corresponding behaviours and can assist them to implement a variety of practical strategies to allow them to function at their optimal arousal level. This, in turn, improves the clients’ well-being, focus and achievement.
You can contact our Occupational Therapists by completing the form below to arrange a call to discuss your needs further or to arrange your home visit.
At Advanced Seating Solutions Ltd we take protection of your personal data very seriously.
Your personal and/or sensitive data is being collected for the following reasons:
- Contractual reasons – this enables us to provide a service to you e.g. provision of assessment, equipment or Therapy Services. We will only collect the necessary data to enable us to perform the contracted service. Some of your data is of a highly sensitive nature e.g. medical information and we ensure this data is stored safely in line with our Data Protection Policy. This data is essential in order for us to provide a service to you.
- Contractual reasons – where we are entering into a business arrangement with you as a supplier of equipment, Professional Services or Therapy Services.
- Consent – Where we use your data to send you information, leaflets and resources you will be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent for us to use that data. We may use your data to send you additional, relevant information that we feel would be of interest and use to you. You will have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
- Your data will be collected by documented telephone calls, email, website enquiries, letter and hand-written documents. This is safely stored on secure, password protected devices and Cloud storage or, if handwritten, in a locked filing cabinet. Please see our policy for further details.
- Your data will only be shared with a third party if it is required for an essential service to be performed e.g. delivery of equipment. Where sensitive data may need to be shared we will always seek your permission to do so.
- All our data is securely held for 7 years, in line with our insurance policy guidelines, professional body guidelines and for the purposes of warranty, repair and maintenance of equipment.
- For more detailed information on our Policy and contact details please see our Data Protection Policy on our website www.advancedseatingsolutions.com/advanced-seating-solutions-ltd-data-protection-policy/