- Cleaning Instructions
As well as fully enclosing the patient through high-visibility black mesh, the bumper and bed combination:
- Prevents access to any finger trap zones by the specified 200mm distance or more
- Can be used safely in combination with any Harvest Healthcare mattress when using the mattress holders on the bed frame to centralise the mattress
- Has no accessible holes between 7mm-25mm diameter
- Has no accessible hazardous sharp edges, corners or protruding parts
- Passes stability, loading, snagging, entrapment, movement, impact and reliability tests to standard criteria
- Has a lockable storage compartment (purchased separately) for the profiling bed handset to prevent access by children orvulnerable adults
- Minimum patient height: 125cm
- Do not use with a lifting pole
Lay the bumper cover down on a flat surface and unzip the pocket to gain access to the internal foam padding. Remove the foam padding. The bumper can now be laundered.
1 Pre wash cold 10 minutes
2 Main wash 80°C 10 minutes
3 Followed by cold rinses and extraction.
Do not use abrasive cleaners, phenol disinfectants, solvents, or alcohol-based cleansers, e.g. Dettol, Phenicol, Hibiscrub, Clearsol, Stericol, Hycoline, as these will damage the cover materials.
Tumble dry at low heat.
Do not iron.
Ensure that the cover is thoroughly dried before inserting the foam and placing the bumper into storage.